UAPA's 3rd Annual Blue Brunch featuring Ed Fitzgerald
Sunday, Nov. 17, 2013
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Amelita Mirolo Barn
4395 Carriage Hill Lane
$100 - Host Committee (per person)
$75 - Event Guest
$25 - Student
Please make checks payable to Upper Arlington Progressive Action and mail to:
UAPA Blue Brunch, 2491 Lane Road, Upper Arlington, Ohio 43220
If you cannot attend, please consider making a contribution.
Reservations requested by Wednesday, November 13
✯ Gourmet Brunch
✯ Amazing Entertainment
✯ Exciting Silent Auction
● Ed FitzGerald is a husband, father and lifelong public servant.
● He worked his way through The Ohio State University and evening law school and became a Special Agent with the FBI, taking an oath to serve the public and to put people first – a commitment that has shaped his adult life.
● As an FBI Agent, Ed was assigned to the Organized Crime Task Force in Chicago, investigating political corruption and Mafia influence, helping to bring the infamous Cicero crime syndicate to justice.
● After his FBI service, Ed returned to Ohio, serving as an assistant county prosecutor and eventually Mayor of Lakewood.
● As Mayor, Ed made government smaller and more efficient while still making major investments in public safety and job creation.
● Under Ed’s leadership, Lakewood was recognized as one of the best places in Ohio to raise a family.
● Ed was elected the first Cuyahoga County Executive, following one of the largest public corruption scandals in Ohio’s history.
● He restored the public’s trust by implementing tough ethics laws and significantly reducing the size of government.
● With the millions saved by his reforms, he made ground-breaking investments in real job creation, expanded pre-school enrollment
and is establishing the largest college savings account program in the country to foster a culture of high education in Ohio.